Bookings and Cancellations for North America Trips
Bookings and Cancellations for Galapagos Trips
Payment and Cancellations - North America Trips
To avoid disappointment, your reservation should be made early as the number of participants in each program is limited, and the demand is high.
A deposit of one third of the price of the trip will reserve your space for any trip.
The balance is due 120 days prior to departure.
The full amount of the Deposit, and any Fare paid, is refundable up to 120 days prior to the Voyage, minus a $200 admin fee. This fee covers costs to us that are unrecoverable when you cancel. The full fare is nonrefundable 120 days prior to the voyage and after.
The date of cancellation is the date Maple Leaf Adventures Victoria office receives your written notice of cancellation. Depending on your reason for cancellation, or the type of coverage you included in your cancellation insurance, these charges may be recoverable under your insurance policy.
We highly recommend trip cancellation insurance, which protects you if you have to cancel after the nonrefundable date. There are different kinds of cancellation insurance, some of which are for non pre-existing medical conditions, and some of which cover any reason at all. Cancellation insurance can be purchased through your travel agency or through our travel agent. If you would like us to recommend a travel agent, contact us at 1.888.599.5323 or email us at the address above. Cancellation insurance must be purchased at the time the fare is nonrefundable.
Large Group Bookings
For large group bookings, such as a family charter of the entire ship, the booking and cancellation policy may be different - please do contact us for information.
Methods of Payment
We accept payment by Visa, Master Card, cheque or bank draft.
We accept payment of final balances for trips by cheque, money order or bank transfer.
Trip price is set in Canadian dollars. We do provide approximate conversions to US dollars as a courtesy for our American guests, but payment is made in Canadian dollars, so the actual US dollar amount varies depending on the day's exchange rate.
What Is Included in the Price
- All meals and snacks and beverages prepared by our superb cook (the meals are reported by our guests to be a major highlight of our trips). We use the freshest of foods available and our menu is delightfully original.
- Wine is served at dinner and a limited amount of beer is included and available throughout the trip. (Liquor is not a large part of our trips so plan on light consumption).
- Shore trips (we go ashore usually several times a day).
- The services of our naturalists and professional crew of four.
- Permit fees to visit limited access areas.
- Use of all gear available on board, such as fishing gear (if you have a licence), kayaks, gumboots, etc.
Not included in our price:
Pre-Trip Information Package
- Airplane or transportation to the point of origin of the trip.
- H.S.T./ Harmonized Sales Tax (There is no H.S.T on the Alaska or Galapagos trips.)
- Sustainability Fee. As a professional ecotourism company, it is at the core of our operating principles that we work with local communities and government, respecting regulations and contributing to local opportunities. As a Maple Leaf Adventures guest, you can be assured that, through our park use permits and First Nations sustainability agreements, you are welcomed into all communities, parks and territories we visit, and that you are there legally. Additionally, you can be confident that your fare is supporting the economies of the coast, in both First Nations and non-First-Nations communities. The number of permits required to operate on the coast is increasing. While limiting use is good, this method is costly to operators. In order to continue offering trips of the highest quality, and to ensure our guests know where their fares are being spent, we are extracting a percentage of the increased costs that go towards sustainable communities on the coast and, instead of hiding it inside the trip price, will add it to the list price as a separate 'sustainability fee' of $100 per trip. Through it we hope our guests share in the pride that a trip with Maple Leaf is a contribution to the sustainability of the whole coast - as well as being the experience of a lifetime!
A comprehensive pre-trip information package will welcome you "aboard" at the time of booking.
It includes information on clothing and other items to bring, transportation details, health and medical requirements, insurance, visa requirements, etc.
It also contains a map of the area we'll travel in, suggested reading and other details about the trip.
Payment and Cancellations - Galapagos Trips
A nonrefundable deposit of US $1000 reserves a place on the trip.
On payment of the deposit you will receive: receipt/invoice, medical information form, agreement and release from liability form, itinerary and additional information covering packing lists, visa requirements, health issues, etc.
The balance is due 3 months prior to departure date. On payment of the balance you will receive: receipt, final trip bulletin including participant list and rendezvous instructions.
Accommodations are based on double occupancy. If you are traveling alone and wish to share accommodation, we will try to assign you a roommate. If there is no one with whom you can share, or if you prefer single accommodation, you will be requested to pay a Single Supplement, as listed for each trip.
At the time we receive written notice of your wish to cancel your trip, the following fees will apply:
Small Group Supplement
- 90 days or more from departure date: 100% of deposit
- 89 to 60 days from departure date: 50% of Land Cost
- 59 days or less from departure date: 100% of Land Cost
In the event that the number of signups is too small to make the trip financially feasible to operate, we offer applicants the option to pay a Small Group Supplement in order to avoid cancellation of a trip.
Not Included in the Price
Not included in the Land Cost are international and domestic airfares; insurances of any kind; visa fees; excess baggage charges; airport taxes; optional tipping to local staff; costs of medical immunizations; beverages (unless otherwise stated) and items of a personal nature.
As always, we welcome any questions you may have. Give us a call toll-free at 1-888-599-5323 (or 250-386-7245) anytime or email us.