Small ship cruises on the Maple Leaf
|Bookings and Cancellations
Here's How to Book
Inspired to come along for what many call "the trip of a lifetime"? Here's how to book your Maple Leaf trip.
Payment and Cancellations for North America Trips
- Choose the trip or trips you'd like to take, by clicking the destination.
- Check the schedule and price - either by looking at the trip description, or by clicking Schedule & Pricing.
- Contact us at Maple Leaf Adventures to check availability and complete the booking. We'll give you personal attention by people who have travelled on board the Maple Leaf.
Call us at 1-888-599-5323 or +1-250-FUN-SAIL (+1-250-386-7245)
or, to email, click here.
Payment and Cancellations for Galapagos Trips
Payment and Cancellations - North America Trips
To avoid disappointment, your reservation should be made early as the number of participants in each program is limited, and the demand is high.
A deposit of one third of the price of the trip will reserve your space for any trip.
Book Your 2010 Trip for Just $500
For any 2010 trips booked before Sept. 1, 2009, the "early bird" deposit is just $500 per person. That means you won't tie up extra dollars at such an early date, but you can ensure you get a spot on the trip you want, as we are booking into 2009 already. On Sept. 1, 2009, the full 1/3 deposit is due.
For details, contact us at 1-888-599-5323 or email us.
The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
If you are unable to participate and cancellation occurs at least 120 days prior to the departure date of your trip, the full amount of your deposit is refundable, minus a $200 cancellation fee (the cancellation fee does not apply to "early bird" deposits). If cancellation occurs between 90 and 120 days prior to the departure date of your trip, the deposit is transferable to another Maple Leaf Adventures trip but is not refundable. If cancellation occurs less than 90 days prior to the departure date of your trip, we will do our best to try to fill your space on the trip, however no money will be refunded unless all the spaces on your trip are filled.
Large Group Bookings
For large group bookings, such as a family charter of the entire ship, the booking and cancellation policy may be different - please do contact us for information.
We highly recommend cancellation insurance, which protects you if you have to make a late cancellation in certain cases (such as a medical emergency). Travel insurance can be purchased through your travel agency or through our travel agent. If you would like us to recommend a travel agent, contact us at 1.888.599.5323 or email us at the address above. Cancellation insurance must be purchased at the time your booking is confirmed.
Methods of Payment
We accept payment of trip deposits by Visa, Master Card, cheque, money order or bank transfer.
We accept payment of final balances for trips by cheque, money order or bank transfer.
Trip price is set in Canadian dollars. We do provide approximate conversions to US dollars as a courtesy for our American guests, but payment is made in Canadian dollars, so the actual US dollar amount varies depending on the day's exchange rate (e.g., you will see this on your credit card statement).
What Is Included in the Price
Not included in our price:
- All meals and snacks and beverages prepared by our superb cook (the meals are reported by our guests to be a major highlight of our trips). We use the freshest of foods available and our menu is delightfully original.
- Wine is served at dinner and a limited amount of beer is included and available throughout the trip. (Liquor is not a large part of our trips so plan on light consumption).
- Shore trips (we go ashore usually several times a day).
- The services of our naturalists and professional crew of four.
- Permit fees to visit limited access areas.
- Use of all gear available on board.
Pre-Trip Information Package
- Airplane or transportation to the point of origin of the trip.
- G.S.T. (There is no G.S.T on the Alaska trips.)
- Sustainability Fee. As a professional ecotourism company, it is at the core of our operating principles that we work with local communities and government, respecting regulations and contributing to local opportunities. As a Maple Leaf Adventures guest, you can be assured that, through our park use permits and First Nations sustainability agreements, you are welcomed into all communities, parks and territories we visit, and that you are there legally. Additionally, you can be confident that your fare is supporting the economies of the coast, in both First Nations and non-First-Nations communities. The number of permits required to operate on the coast is increasing. While limiting use is good, this method is costly to operators. In order to continue offering trips of the highest quality, and to ensure our guests know where their fares are being spent, we are extracting a percentage of the increased costs that go towards sustainable communities on the coast and, instead of hiding it inside the trip price, will add it to the list price as a separate 'sustainability fee' of $100 per trip. Through it we hope our guests share in the pride that a trip with Maple Leaf is a contribution to the sustainability of the whole coast - as well as being the experience of a lifetime!
A comprehensive pre-trip information package will welcome you "aboard" at the time of booking.
It includes information on clothing and other items to bring, transportation details, health and medical requirements, insurance, visa requirements, etc.
It also contains a map of the area we'll travel in, suggested reading and other details about the trip.
Payment and Cancellations - Galapagos Trips
A nonrefundable deposit of US $1000 reserves a place on the trip.
On payment of the deposit you will receive: receipt/invoice, medical information form, agreement and release from liability form, itinerary and additional information covering packing lists, visa requirements, health issues, etc.
The balance is due 3 months prior to departure date. On payment of the balance you will receive: receipt, final trip bulletin including participant list and rendezvous instructions.
Accommodations are based on double occupancy. If you are traveling alone and wish to share accommodation, we will try to assign you a roommate. If there is no one with whom you can share, or if you prefer single accommodation, you will be requested to pay a Single Supplement, as listed for each trip.
Cancellation Policy At the time we receive written notice of your wish to cancel your trip, the following fees will apply:
Small Group Supplement
- 90 days or more from departure date: 100% of deposit
- 89 to 60 days from departure date: 50% of Land Cost
- 59 days or less from departure date: 100% of Land Cost
In the event that the number of signups is too small to make the trip financially feasible to operate, we offer applicants the option to pay a Small Group Supplement in order to avoid cancellation of a trip.
Not Included in the Price
Not included in the Land Cost are international and domestic airfares; insurances of any kind; visa fees; excess baggage charges; airport taxes; optional tipping to local staff; costs of medical immunizations; beverages (unless otherwise stated) and items of a personal nature.
As always, we welcome any questions you may have. Give us a call toll-free at 1-888-599-5323 (or 250-386-7245) anytime or email us.